Graham Tuohey is a strategic planning consultant and facilitator with a wide background of involvement in the development of major projects. He has worked as a consultant to a wide range of Government and private sector organisations providing advice and leadership on a variety of projects.
He has over thirty five years’ experience as a consultant and offers a proven blend of technical and commercial skills. These skills are based on a strong analytical approach to problem solving and an inherent ability to determine strategic directions. These skills allow the overview position to be retained, and enables him to contribute effectively to the clients and projects with which he is involved. His management experience and membership on a number of boards and committees have in turn provided him with broad experience in a variety of governance, management and commercial fields.
His areas of expertise include:
- Strategic advice
- Strategic facilitation
- Delivery approaches and analyses
- Project alliances and collaborative contracts
- Strategic alliances
- Coaching and team alignment
- Alliance and collaborative training
Graham’s technical and commercial skills are complemented by excellent communications and interpersonal skills and a commitment to those organisations that he is serving. These have resulted in the following appointments:
- Member, Prime Minister’s Advisory Group, New Zealand. (This appointment was a two year secondment to the Prime Minister’s Advisory Group (Rt Hon R D Muldoon)
- Member, Road Research Unit of the National Roads Board of New Zealand.
- Chairman, Transit New Zealand Research Advisory Group
- Deputy Chairman, Major Projects Advisory Group, New Zealand.
- Director of Murray North Limited, Consulting Engineers; responsible for corporate planning and marketing and management of the Auckland and Wellington regions of the Practice
- Planning Hearings Commissioner for Rodney District Council, North Shore City Council, Auckland Regional Council, Tauranga District Council and Thames Coromandel Council.
Current Appointments of Graham include:
- Director of “Development Advisory Services” a company set up to provide advice to developers of land and buildings
- Chairman of the PCG for the Canterbury Housing Recovery Programme. (Housing repair programme for homes damaged by the Christchurch Earthquake)
- Chairman of the Network delivery alliance for Broadband installation in Christchurch, NZ
- Director of Alchimie Pty Ltd and Alchimie NZ Ltd
Graham’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering, University of Auckland
- Master of Science (Engineering), University of California (Berkeley)